Acne is one of the most common Problems of Skin.But can be very frustrating when one is looking for relief and Cure. I was one of those who had a beautiful skins in my childhood and teens. However it was not long that the lack of skin care, a stressful routine and late nights took its toll. I realized that the healthy glowing look which I was so proud of was gone. Initially I tried to Hide it with concealer and powders but not for long.Slowly Acne had overgrown and became visible. What followed was Trips to the Doctor. This only caused further Frustrations as I was applying chemical based creams , Antibiotics but there was no relief. The Pimples only got Worse – Red, raw and Angry.Traditional treatments focus on preventing bacterial overgrowth, regulating oil production, and managing hormone fluctuations. In adults, hormone imbalances, stress, or aggressive products that irritate the skin are responsible for erupting epidermis. So what is Ayurvedic Advice for Acne. We will shortly see.
Ayurveda and Acne
Ayurveda, makes the connection between acne, impaired digestion, and build-up of toxicity in the body.In Ayurveda, the five elements-Fire, Water, Earth, Air, and Space make up everything in Existence.
Vata is the dosha of Air and Space. Its qualities are dry and cold. Pitta is Fire and Water. It’s qualities are heat and intensity. Kapha is the pairing of Earth and Water. Its qualities are heavy and slow. From an Ayurvedic perspective,Imbalance of all three doshas cause illness, disease, and acne. Although it is predominantly pitta dosha that is usually to blame for most spots. Now we focus on Ayurvedic Advice for Acne in section below.
Ayurvedic Advice for Acne:
Redness and excess heat Characterize Pitta acne. An imbalance in pitta affects the blood and liver, causing inflammation.
To balance pitta, try these nutritional tips:
- Cool the fire with good quality, low-fat dairy.
- Skip anything that is fermented.
- Avoid sugar and opt for honey instead.
- Pacify pitta with olive or coconut oil.
- Wheat, rice, barley, and oats are the best grains to reduce pitta.
- Eat sweeter fruits such as grapes, melons, and cherries.
- Eat cooling, calming vegetables such as asparagus, cucumbers, potatoes, sweet potatoes, and green leafy vegetables. Reduce tomatoes, hot peppers, carrots, beets, eggplant, onions, garlic, radishes, and spinach.
- Go easy on spicy seasoning. Instead chose spices that will cool and soothe. Coriander, cilantro, cardamom, saffron, and fennel are good choices.
- If you eat meat, chicken, pheasant, and turkey are best.
Kapha is concerned with oiliness instead. An imbalance in kapha means excess sebum is produced and overwhelms the pores so they become clogged.
To balance Kapha, try these nutritional tips:
- Eat light.
- Reduce the intake of dairy.
- Drinking hot ginger tea with meals helps stimulate slow digestion.
- Tuck into beans, as they help dry excess kapha.
- Favour lighter fruits such as apples, pears, pomegranates, cranberries, and apricots.
- Reduce heavier fruits like bananas, avocados, pineapples, oranges, peaches, coconuts, melons, dates, and figs.
- In general, all vegetables are recommended but reduce consumption of sweet and juicy vegetables such as sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and zucchini.
- All spices except salt are pacifying to kapha. Use pungent spices like pepper, cayenne, mustard seed, and ginger freely in your diet.
- Keep fats to a minimum.
- Grains: Favour barley, corn, millet, buckwheat, rye. Reduce intake of oats, rice, and wheat.
Dryness characterizes Vata. An imbalance in vata causes poor digestion and the accumulation of toxins.
To balance vata, try these nutritional tips:
- Include more fats and oils in your diet, as these help to soothe and smooth the digestion and nourish the skin.
- Up your intake of low-fat dairy products.
- Go for grains such as rice and wheat.
- Favour sweet, heavy fruits such as: bananas, avocados, and mangoes.
- Cook vegetables instead. Favour asparagus, beets, and carrots.
- Spice things up with cardamom, cumin, ginger, and cinnamon.
If all of this feels a little confusing, take simple steps to cut out additives and preservatives first, so you’re eating foods that are as whole and natural as possible.
Always opt for chemical free products to get Immediate Relief or for Severe Cases, besides making the lifestyle changes to keep away from Acne. Sutatva Acne Treatment Products help in restoring the imbalance in Kapha , Pitta and Vatta. Sutatva Specialists prescribe Golden Glow face Serum , Orange Peel Scrub,Cooling Rose Petal Gel, Neem Tulsi for Treatment of Acne and Pimples. Besides Drink Plenty of Water as well as getting sufficient rest too as stress is known to contribute to acne in adults.