This mind-body questionnaire gathers information about your basic nature – the way you were as a child or the basic patterns that have been true most of your life. If you developed an illness in childhood or as an adult, think of how things were for you before that illness. Click on the Google Survey to take your ayurveda dosha quiz today.
Instructions: PLEASE READ CAREFULLY! Rank each characteristic with either 5, 3, or 1. For each row, use each number one time (each row should add up to 9). TOTAL UP YOUR SCORES IN EACH COLUMN AND THAT INDICATES WHICH DOSHA IS YOUR PREDOMINANT
Note: Each row should add up to 9. VATA TOTAL, PITTA TOTAL, and KAPHA TOTAL should add up to 90.
DOSHA BALANCING TIPS
When Vata is out of balance, too much air has accumulated in mind, body, and environment. The best way to balance excess Vata is to bring more Earth and stability into the physiology.
- Sleep and awaken at the same time every day
- Meditate at least twice a day to quieten your mind.
- Practice yoga regularly to connect with your body
- Wear fragrances that are relaxing in nature.
- Eat 3 meals daily and prefer sweet, sour, and salty meals.
- Self-massage slowly on a daily basis with warm relaxing oil like sutatva almond oil
- Drink herbal tea daily
- Look for opportunities to create rhythm and routine in your life
- Release relaxing fragrances into your environment
- Finish things once you start them
When Pitta is out of balance, too much fire has accumulated in mind, body, and environment. The result is a sense of internal and external combustion. The best way to balance excess Pitta is to bring more space and coolness into the physiology
- Spend time outside and in nature
- Favor cooling tastes – sweet, bitter, and astringent – and eat with full awareness
- Meditate twice a day to soothe the mind and relax the body
- Schedule some space in your day.
- Perform a slow self-massage with soothing ayurvedic oils.
- Favor cool colors – blue, green, and white.
- Drink soothing herbal tea.
- Engage in non-competitive physical activities.
- Stay cool
- Be more playful.
When Kapha is out of balance, too much Earth has accumulated in mind, body, and environment. The result is a sense of sluggishness, congestion, and dullness. The best way to balance excess Kapha is to bring more movement and circulation into the physiology.
- Awaken at sunrise.
- Look for opportunities to create healthy change.
- Favor pungent, bitter, and astringent tastes.
- Avoid eating when you’re not hungry.
- Be spontaneous and try new things.
- Wear invigorating fragrances.
- Clean out your space.
- Drink invigorating herbal tea.
- Diffuse invigorating fragrances into your environment.
- Favor bright strong colors – reds, oranges, and yellows.
- Meditate twice a day to get clear on your intentions and desires.
- Perform a vigorous self-massage with warm invigorating herbalized oil.
- Exercise daily